Lately, I’ve been feeling kind of down, not sure why, but I just am. I have no motivation to do much lately, it makes sense because usually around the New Year, it’s just a sad time of year for me. I was even having plans of just walking away from my blog for a little while and I know I can’t,
after 7 years of blogging and writing, I’m just now getting recognized for my work, I can’t stop that now, no matter how I feel; just gotta push through it. It just sucks because all last month, before the new year I’ve been feeling this way, but I just can’t seem to snap out of it. December took it’s toll on me, like a drastic toll on me. Having this type of attitude, though, if very unusual, I am an optimistic, charismatic, person. Trying to uplift my spirit, but I almost feel… comfortable just being down — and that’s a scary feeling to me.
I decided, rather than letting this moment (because it is just a moment), to consume me, I need to try and do something to uplift my spirit. I feel that this post isn’t only for just me though, I usually don’t post too much into my personal life, but I need to get somethings off my chest. Today, I feel like it’s needed, here are somethings I do to try and make myself happy:
- Drink Tea
- I love drinking tea; green tea, chamomile, ginger, peppermint, almost anything honestly.
- When I drink it, it just makes me happy. It’s like happiness in a cup!
- I’ve read that meditation helps keeps your mind calm and focus. Sometimes my mind just goes all over the place, especially when I have things I need to get done.
- Take baths
- I watched a Buzzfeed video of these people doing a CEO routine and on that list, it was said for them to take a bath to unwind from the day. I can definitely do this, especially since I don’t take baths on the regular.
- Incenses and Smudge sticks
- My mother used incenses when I was younger, she doesn’t anymore and I’ve used incenses once in my adult life but while bringing in the New Year, I burned one and it was strong, and it could be a placebo effect, but I felt really calm. Usually, New Years is an emotional time of year for me, (I never knew why), but as soon as I burned one incense, I was calm, and once the ball dropped, I fell asleep. It was awesome!
- Listen to more TED talks
- I want to be inspired more, listening to things to that uplift me, and TED talks can do that. I use to listen to them a few years ago when I use to stay on campus. It’s a great way to start off the day.
All I want is just nice, spiritual, peaceful, and joyous 2018. I want to try and achieve happiness, if not happiness, peace. 2017 was a really bad year for me, not only that, but it was a hectic year for me filled with anger, frustration, hate. I don’t want to be like this year; just nice and cool, filled with good vibes, and most importantly, to just let go.
To a full and happy New Year, what are you planning for The New Year? Would you try some of these? Can’t wait to see what happens, later!
With Love & Sweetness,